Maine West A+ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Hat Linux

3 posters

Go down

Red Hat Linux Empty Red Hat Linux

Post  AlecPolo Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:07 am

Links:
- http://www.betanews.com/article/IBM_adds_support_for_a_third_Linux_flavor_Ubuntu/1200949292
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Linux

Summary:
Linux Red Hat was actualy assembled by the Red Hat company. Red Hat was discontunued in 2004 because it causted money to use it was better for servers but all around wasnt much better Sad . there are many other kinds of good linux flavors that you can choose from now. Red Hat introduced a graphical installer called aniconda. it also has a built in tool. with the only feedback from users coming through bug reports and contributions to the included software packages - not contributions to the distribution as such. This was changed in late 2003 when Red Hat Linux merged with the community-based Fedora Project. Red Hat used a patched version of GCC from CVS that they called "2.96".[6] The decision to ship an unstable GCC version was due to GCC 2.95's bad performance on non-i386 platforms.

AlecPolo

Back to top Go down

Red Hat Linux Empty Red Hat Linux

Post  agohil Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:59 pm

I was never in inserted in Linux. I would much prefer windows. if i had to choose a Linux i wouldn't pick Red Hat Linux. it is just no good. it was popular in 2004 but now there are better Linux out there like Slackware.

agohil

Back to top Go down

Red Hat Linux Empty Re: Red Hat Linux

Post  jrichardson Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:16 am

I enjoyed your write up.It was boring atfirst but i enjoyed it and it was a good write up of the articles you posted.

jrichardson

Back to top Go down

Red Hat Linux Empty Re: Red Hat Linux

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down