Maine West A+ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linux on a CD

4 posters

Go down

Linux on a CD Empty Linux on a CD

Post  pglinko Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:50 am

Linux on a CD or USB is much better, because you can carry it around and use it without harming the computer. You can use it on a computer and have no memory of what you did left on the PC. Also, it can be bad to have Linux on a CD becuase someone can go and steal it from you. Also, you can be bad because you can accidently install it on a hard drive and erase your good OS. affraid
pglinko
pglinko

Back to top Go down

Linux on a CD Empty I agree

Post  kfranco132 Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:53 am

I agree that it is portable. Though someone can steal it is bad. Also another bad thing is deleting your os on accident.

kfranco132

Back to top Go down

Linux on a CD Empty Re: Linux on a CD

Post  SSULLIVAN Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:01 am

I Agree having a Linux on a CD or Flash Drive would be good. I think it is good because you have freedom and if you do something bad just take out the disk

SSULLIVAN

Back to top Go down

Post  mchesler Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Yes, it's bad that someone could steal your live disk from you, but technically people could steal anything from you. You could always make another one, since blank cds aren't too expensive. Or just take better care of your disk.

And I don't think it would be that easy to delete your operating system on accident. At some point when you're formatting your hard drive, and installing files for a new operating system, hopefully early in that process, someone would hopefully think "wait... I don't want to install this! And I surely don't want to format my hard drive! Oopsies!"

mchesler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down