Maine West A+ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Y would i want to want LINUX PORTABLE

+3
pglinko
AlecPolo
jyim
7 posters

Go down

Y would i want to want LINUX PORTABLE Empty Y would i want to want LINUX PORTABLE

Post  jyim Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:49 am

I Think that the good thing about carrying around a OS that you can boot it anywhere you want to.
Like if you want to use an operating system in an office or at school or at a internet cafe without any trace of information on your computer you can use the portable os.
Another good thing is that its just convenient to have an operating system in a cd or flash drive is opposed to actually having to download it off the actual source site.
One bad thing about it is that sometimes there really is no point to carry around an operating system.
Especially if you have it on a cd there is no need to really carry a cd that has an operating system unless you are planning to use it.
But overall i think that the Linux OS is useful cheers

jyim

Back to top Go down

Y would i want to want LINUX PORTABLE Empty hahahahahaha2

Post  AlecPolo Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:58 am

yea i totally agree with you on the part about not being able to track were youve been it helps for you to have a more fun life lol!

AlecPolo

Back to top Go down

Y would i want to want LINUX PORTABLE Empty i kinda agree

Post  pglinko Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:59 am

i agree that you can go on any computer and use this to take everyones stuff. and its good to not have to download it from the internet. i agree Linux OS on a CD is very good.
pglinko
pglinko

Back to top Go down

Y would i want to want LINUX PORTABLE Empty Re: Y would i want to want LINUX PORTABLE

Post  sshah841 Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:00 am

I think its good too becuase you can travel with it and it wont track anything you do but its bad becuase you cant save anything to it and you cant access the h drive in school with it

sshah841

Back to top Go down

Y would i want to want LINUX PORTABLE Empty Portable OS

Post  vpatel Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:01 am

I agree that it's nice to being able to carry it around everywhere. Also you can use it without leaving anything behind. I do agree that you don't really need it. You would probably rarely use it. But even with all the pros and cons i think it is cool to have this thing everywhere you go.

vpatel

Back to top Go down

Y would i want to want LINUX PORTABLE Empty Re: Y would i want to want LINUX PORTABLE

Post  SSULLIVAN Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:03 am

I agree to having a Linux on a CD would be useful. I like the idea of having a mobile OS because it allows freedom

SSULLIVAN

Back to top Go down

Y would i want to want LINUX PORTABLE Empty Its really cool

Post  mhansen411 Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Its awsome you dont have to worry about parents or admins looking at your computer

mhansen411

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down