Maine West A+ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MANDRIVA LINUX 1

4 posters

Go down

MANDRIVA LINUX 1 Empty MANDRIVA LINUX 1

Post  jyim Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:52 am

LINK 1 >>>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandriva
LINK 2 >>>>>http://www.mandriva.com/archives/en/community/resources/about_mandriva_linux.html

Mandriva Summary: Its one of the publicly open Linux flavors and known as a project initiator and a skills organizer. There are only about 6-8 million users for Mandriva.There are 2 different versions of Mandriva one is free like most of the Linux Operating Systems. And there is one that you can pay for the paid for version is known as Power pack which includes google apps and 3months of web service. People at Cnet say that this operating system is the most easiest operating system for new computer users. The Powerpack version includes the whole office suite and installation support and costs about ten times less than Microsoft Operating Systems and the Complete office together. It is designed for Pentium Class Processors to give off the highest performance of the OS. Its been out for 10 years and have been through lots of updates per year. Mandriva is one of the most complete OS that is both powerful and stable so it doesnt crash as much compared to a windows OS. It is also good for server uses.

jyim

Back to top Go down

MANDRIVA LINUX 1 Empty Mandriva

Post  mshaikh845 Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:13 pm

I personally would not change to any other system because I have been uing Windows for a long time and I like it so far. Other than that I may just do a trial and get the free version. Mandriva sounds like a pretty good and sophisticated system and it must be seeing that t has 6-8 hundred users. The Mandriva seems much better than the Vxta flavor of Linux as it has the entire office suite and especiallly because it cost 10 times less than the Microsoft Operating Systems. As a windows user I can say I have had my share of crashes before and they were not fun so I like the fact that it does not crash!

mshaikh845

Back to top Go down

MANDRIVA LINUX 1 Empty Re: MANDRIVA LINUX 1

Post  vpatel Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:13 am

I do belive it is a good alternitive to windows because it is ten times cheaper then windows. I wouldn't install this favor because it is ten years old. I personally like to use new things. What makes it better is the price. As well the updates that are put out for this flavor.

vpatel

Back to top Go down

MANDRIVA LINUX 1 Empty Mandriva

Post  jpeterson Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:10 am

I think that this a pretty good program and if i didnt have Windows, i would consider getting this. I liked how it comes with google. I also like the fact thats its cheap. Its also nice that they put out many updates. Overall i think this is a good software and would defentaly think about getting Mandriva if i needed a program like this. Very Happy

jpeterson

Back to top Go down

MANDRIVA LINUX 1 Empty Re: MANDRIVA LINUX 1

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down