Maine West A+ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linux Flavor Red Hat

3 posters

Go down

Linux Flavor Red Hat Empty Linux Flavor Red Hat

Post  kbondzinski Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:01 pm

Links
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Linux

http://www.betanews.com/article/IBM_adds_support_for_a_third_Linux_flavor_Ubuntu/1200949292

Summery:
Red Hat Linux was a good system until its discontinuation in 2004. It was originally called Red hat Commercial Linux. Also, it was the first Linux distribution to use the packaging system. Red Hat was officially done in 2004, even though there were updates for it in 2006 by Fedora Legacy until it shut down in early 2007. Red hat introduced a new type of graphical installer called Anaconda which made it easier for the people who don't use the system as much. The Red Hat flavor was really just a flavor that indroduced a lot of things for new flavors.

kbondzinski

Back to top Go down

Linux Flavor Red Hat Empty dosent seem good

Post  tbaumhart3141 Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:32 pm

after being discontinued in 2004 this OS dose not seem like a good one. There are a lot of new types of Linux out there and if i had to pick one it would not be this because it may have a couple things right it dose not seem to be able to be easy to use and still be able to run big major programs like other types of Linux can

tbaumhart3141

Back to top Go down

Linux Flavor Red Hat Empty Re: Linux Flavor Red Hat

Post  sshah841 Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:43 am

I would use Linux Red Hat because its an alternative to what else is out there and alot of other people use it because it runs better and meets their needs. On the other hand I wouldnt use it because it is buggy and alot of programs dont work with it.

sshah841

Back to top Go down

Linux Flavor Red Hat Empty Re: Linux Flavor Red Hat

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down