Maine West A+ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lycoris Desktop/LX Deluxe

3 posters

Go down

Lycoris Desktop/LX Deluxe Empty Lycoris Desktop/LX Deluxe

Post  tbaumhart3141 Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:10 pm

http://www.linux.com/feature/34454
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycoris_(company)

Lycoris Desktop/LX Deluxe is originally based on Caldera's Workstation 3.1 and the rest of the systems was built from nothing. This OS came with a lot of basic features like internet and a media player basic office tools. A lot of people said that this OS was closely based off of windows XP. Lycoris is a good OS for a Linux beginner, and could be customized with a little work into a really good desktop. More experience users will want to pass over Lycoris for distros like or Gentoo which they can customize more easily. Also it comes with a nice firewall that is free to use and its not hard to setup.

tbaumhart3141

Back to top Go down

Lycoris Desktop/LX Deluxe Empty Re: Lycoris Desktop/LX Deluxe

Post  radams22 Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:14 pm

I like how its easy to set up this OS but thats about it.
I never really read up on Linux and my only experience with it was a few years back at a friends house.
For what I saw, it looked really confusing and the desktop was really dark and hard to see.
If I had to choose and OS I'd side with Apple any day.

radams22

Back to top Go down

Lycoris Desktop/LX Deluxe Empty Lycoris Desktop/LX Deluxe Ǚbυиτυ ƒlā√σя

Post  kbondzinski Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:31 pm

I agree with ryan it is just really it is just confusing. Apple has actually made everything that they have today so i would go with them as an OS aswell. Microsoft isnt good because they stole everything from apple. But onto Linux i have only used it once and that was on my dads computer. I couldn't get like anything to work right it was annoying.

kbondzinski

Back to top Go down

Lycoris Desktop/LX Deluxe Empty Re: Lycoris Desktop/LX Deluxe

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down