Maine West A+ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ubuntu is awesome

5 posters

Go down

Ubuntu is awesome Empty Ubuntu is awesome

Post  kfranco132 Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:12 am

Ubuntu is a free operating system based on Debian GNU/Linux. Ubuntu comes from the origin of the Zulu word ubuntu. Ubuntu is the most popular Linux for the desktop. You can download this operating system without any problem. Ubuntu is so popular there is a new version of it every six months. With this new versions it prevents and patches the problems of other which provides good security. The current version you can get is Intrepid Ibex. There are four types of ubuntu. They are Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu, and Ubuntu JeOS.

links
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu>
<http://www.ubuntu.com/>

kfranco132

Back to top Go down

Ubuntu is awesome Empty areeasd

Post  jdeleon061 Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:55 pm

Ubuntu is a great alternative. It is a free operating system which is always a plus. It is also windows based. It uses a graphical user interface which is easy to use once you know how to. There are always updates with its security feature and new updates with the software in general. With new updates your not vulnerable to get viruses or hacked in a sort of sense. Overall i would use Ubuntu as an alternative to Microsoft.

jdeleon061

Back to top Go down

Ubuntu is awesome Empty Ubuntu reply

Post  agohil Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:08 pm

Ubuntu is a great. i would like this Linux because it is windows based. There are always updates with its security feature and new updates with the software in general. I would choose this Linux form all the other ones. The graphical user interface which is easy to use now that is awesome. i would use this alternative of windows.

agohil

Back to top Go down

Ubuntu is awesome Empty Re: Ubuntu is awesome

Post  vpatel Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:25 am

I think this is a really good alternitive to windows because it is the most commom flavor of linux on desktops. Also there are preaty frequintive updates. Also it is really easy to use. I would install it because it is a common version. Plus there are more then one version so you have a bigger choice.

vpatel

Back to top Go down

Post  sshah841 Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:40 am

I would use ubuntu because its free and it has got really good reviews. It also has some problems though that some applications don't work on it. I would use Vixta becuase i like the look of vista.

sshah841

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down