Maine West A+ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AntiVirus Review

+2
sshah841
swoodford
6 posters

Go down

AntiVirus Review Empty AntiVirus Review

Post  swoodford Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:35 am

Norton - http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/norton-review.html
Norton Antivirus 2009 is a full-featured antivirus and antispyware product. It includes several options that are commonly passed over by other suites while still leaving many out that would be useful. The Norton scanning engine is one of the most complete on the market, but suffers from issues with system resource usage and overzealous integration with your computer that can cause freezing or simple hanging application.

AVG - http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/avg-review.html
AVG Antivirus has been an up and coming virus scanner for many years. Its free version is one of the most downloaded files on the Internet in the Computer Security sector. The new interface is clean and intuitive while still remaining useful.
AVG went through a re-write of their virus scanning engine and included two of their stand alone products with AVG Antivirus as well. AVG Antispyware and AVG Antirootkit were both integrated with the virus scanner. Also revamped is the way AVG Antivirus uses the hardware within your computer. It has been changed to make better use of the multiple cores which are common in todays computers. This should speed up scanning as well as reduce slowdowns.

McAfee - http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/mcafee-review.html
McAfee is an industry leader in computer protection and VirusScan is their #1 defense against viruses. This software comes with a ScriptStopper to prevent viruses from propagating from one computer to another via email, and WormStopper.
Some downsides to the program are that it doesn't provide instant message protection, P2P/file sharing protection or registry startup protection. Check out the Gold product if you're looking for these features.

Kaspersky - http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/kaspersky-review.html
Kaspersky Labs has been one of the best antivirus software developers in the world for over a decade and now Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 only strengthens that reputation. Founded by Natalia and Eugene Kaspersky in 1997, this Russian company is often the first to find and identify new viruses. Long used in Russia and Europe, Kaspersky is now making inroads in the North American market. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 is one of the most effective antivirus packages in the world today and boasts a great interface with easy to use and intuitive controls.

Ad-Aware - http://anti-spyware-review.toptenreviews.com/ad-aware-se-pro-review.html
Ad-Aware by Lavasoft is one of the original anti-spyware companies and perhaps the most well-known. Although it didn't seem to find as many components as other products we reviewed, it is a good solution for detecting spyware. Ad-Aware comes with a well-rounded feature-set including real-time monitoring, automatic updates, and rollback capabilities. It doesn't offer as many useful features as Spy Sweeper, however. For example, it lacks the ability to schedule scans and the real-time monitoring isn't quite as effective. It also is much higher priced and this product is targeted to IT professionals or technically-oriented users. In addition, the technical support is horrible. We've put in several email requests and they've either been ignored or taken much longer than they should have. We have also been unsuccessful with talking to a live person.

ZoneAlarm - http://personal-firewall-software-review.toptenreviews.com/zonealarm-pro-review.html
ZoneAlarm Pro by Zone Labs, Inc. is our "TopTenREVIEWS Gold Award" winning personal firewall software. This powerful firewall software program not only protects your computer from hackers, it also protects your personal data by blocking spyware and adware as well as protecting your identity with the myVAULT utility. Whether you're a novice or a computer professional, ZoneAlarm Pro makes it easy to keep your computer data safe.

I think the best program is Kaspersky because it is very easy to use. The user interface is simple and easy. It also detects almost all of the known viruses better than other programs. I think the worst program is Norton because although it doesn't detect viruses as often as other programs. It is also slow in updating virus definitions.

swoodford

Back to top Go down

AntiVirus Review Empty Re: AntiVirus Review

Post  sshah841 Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:53 am

i agree that the worst one is norton becuase it takes up too much memory and i think the best one is avg because it has a free edition most other ones dont.

sshah841

Back to top Go down

Post  SSULLIVAN Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:01 am

I agree because i have used Norton and it isn't that good and takes up a lot of space. I also agree that Kaspersky is very good and easy to use. I have used both of these programs and that helps me choose and in my opinion Kaspersky is a lot better.

SSULLIVAN

Back to top Go down

AntiVirus Review Empty reply

Post  jselby840 Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:54 pm

I agree with everything. Kaspersky is definitely the best Anti-Virus program out of all of the choices. Also it is very easy to use. I also agree that Norton is pretty bad. It is very slow at updating.

jselby840

Back to top Go down

AntiVirus Review Empty fhthdfg

Post  jdeleon061 Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:01 pm

Kaspersky does sound very good with all of its features. I like that it shows updating virus definitions. I also like that it is an easy user interface. I also agree that avg is the worst. Avg just doesnt have the good features.

jdeleon061

Back to top Go down

Post  mshaikh845 Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:20 pm

I agree Kaspersky is the best because it is renouned worldwide for its labs and is said to find most malware much faster than other AntiVirus software companies. I myself never have used Norton but I have heard it is bad. I think McAfee is the worst because it slows your computerdown immensly and doesn't always protect your computer from adware. However I am not aware if McAfee has come out with any new improved versions or not.

mshaikh845

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down