Maine West A+ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mcafee review and norton review

3 posters

Go down

mcafee review and norton review Empty mcafee review and norton review

Post  jdeleon061 Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:09 pm

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/mcafee-review.html

mcafee has seen really good reviewsby alot of critics. It is a very basic and enhanced virus scanner and provides alot of nice features. It is #1 to virus protection. The software has received the VB100% award, the ICSA award and passed both level 1& 2 Checkmarks from West Coast Labs. It automatically provides instant updates of new software. The only downside to the protection service is that it doesnt provide p2p protection from programs like limewire. It also doesnt provide instant messaging protection, neither registry protection which is a huge downside. Overall it is a good virus protection software with an easy to use interface.

http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-security-and-firewall/norton-360/4505-3667_7-32330411.html

Norton covers the basic needs of a virus protection software. Norton isnt really the software that blows your mind in protection neither does it set a tone of enlightenment in my eyes. It has features like, it has a easy to use interface. Norton 360 includes antivirus, antispyware, antiphishing, antirootkit protection, a firewall, Symantec's new SONAR (Symantec Online Network for Advance Response) behavioral monitoring software, and a vulnerability assessment tool to see what Windows updates your computer might be missing. The bad though is critical for instance, norton 360 doesn't support Firefox or Opera browsers; doesn't include wireless security tools, doesn't provide an ID vault for passwords or credit card info.

all in all, i think mcafee is the better option of the two because it is compatible with mostly any browser, it has more feature. The interface is alot easier to use. Lastly it covers alot more protection for your computer via from viruses.

jdeleon061

Back to top Go down

mcafee review and norton review Empty yea

Post  jselby840 Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:30 pm

I agree Mcafee seems like the best one out there. Norton is probably not so good. Mcafee has easy setup. So mcafee obviously is the dominant anti virus system.

jselby840

Back to top Go down

mcafee review and norton review Empty Re: mcafee review and norton review

Post  sshah841 Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 am

i think avg is the best one becuase they have a free edtion that stop viruses and i think the worst one is norton becuase it takes too much memory

sshah841

Back to top Go down

mcafee review and norton review Empty Re: mcafee review and norton review

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down