Maine West A+ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

review of antiviruss

4 posters

Go down

review of antiviruss Empty review of antiviruss

Post  sshah841 Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:51 am

The latest version of Norton Internet Security incorporates:

* Norton AntiVirus; real-time malware protection
* Norton LiveUpdate; automatically downloads and applies the latest definitions and product builds
* Intrusion Prevention; real-time exploit protection

Other features include:

* Network Security Map; shows users the status of Norton AntiVirus/Internet Security 2008 (or later versions) installed on other networked computers. Also provides basic access control. [1]

AVG - AVG features most of the common functions available in modern antivirus and Internet security programs, including periodic scans, scans of sent and received emails (including adding footers to the emails indicating this), the ability to "repair" some virus-infected files, and a "virus vault" in which infected files are held (A quarantine area; also known as a "virus chest").

-Mcafee The 2009 edition of VirusScan Plus integrates antivirus, firewall and anti-spyware capabilities.

It includes, amongst other things;

* On-access file scanning
* Inbound and outbound firewall protection
* Spyware protection
* Daily definition updates
* Daily pop-up reminders, appearing at random intervals, even over full screen applications and video games. This feature cannot be disabled.
* McAfee X-Ray rootkit detection
* McAfee SiteAdvisor - displays a safety rating for websites based on tests for evidence of spam, malware and phishing
* McAfee SystemGuards - monitors the computer for activity that may be caused by virus infection or hacker activity

Kaspersey -Kaspersky Anti-Virus (Russian: Антивирус Касперского; formerly known as AntiViral Toolkit Pro; often referred to as KAV) is an antivirus program developed by Kaspersky Lab. It is designed to protect users from malware and is primarily designed for computers running Microsoft Windows, though a version for Linux is available for business consumers.

Ad-ware - Ad-Aware is an anti-malware program developed by Lavasoft that detects and removes spyware or adware on a user's computer. It detects spyware, viruses,dialers, Trojans, bots, rootkits, data miners, aggressive advertising, parasites, browser hijackers, and tracking components.
like n
Zone alarm - ZoneAlarm is a software firewall originally developed by Zone Labs, which was acquired in March 2004 by Check Point[citation needed]. It includes an inbound intrusion detection system, as well as the ability to control which programs can create outbound connections — the latter not available in the Windows XP Service Pack 2 firewall. As of early 2009[update], the newest release is ZoneAlarm 8.0. Currently ZoneAlarm is a brand covering what formerly was Zone Labs. Usage of Zone Labs brand gradually ceases.
I think avg is the best because it has a free edtion and it dosent take alot if memory like norton does. It also doesnt take much hardware space and it updates by itself. It also updates the free editon most other programs dont do that. It keeps most virus's out of your computer or keeps them in a virus vault.

sshah841

Back to top Go down

review of antiviruss Empty Re: review of antiviruss

Post  swoodford Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:02 am

I don't agree with Sunny that AVG is the best. The free version doesn't update very often so it finds a lot less viruses than other programs. I think the best program is Kaspersky.

swoodford

Back to top Go down

Post  SSULLIVAN Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:06 am

I agree with parts of his post because i think Norton is bad. But i do not agree with AVG because a lot of free Anti Programs are not that great but it might be. Also i think Kaspersky is the best but it is not free.

SSULLIVAN

Back to top Go down

review of antiviruss Empty reply

Post  jselby840 Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

I don't agree. I believe that AVG is not the best Anti-Virus program. I agree with the info, but I do not think AVG is # 1. Kaspersky is the best.

jselby840

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down