Maine West A+ Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lindows Software

4 posters

Go down

Lindows Software Empty Lindows Software

Post  radams22 Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:04 pm

http://www.linux.com/feature/20743

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LindowsOS

Lindows, or now known as Linspire due to Microsoft's sue about "Lindows" sounding a lot like "Windows".
Lindows was created in 2001 with the goal of developing a Linux-based operating system capable of running major Microsoft Windows applications. Lindows installs fast and easy onto your computer and it doesn't ask a lot of questions (i.e. set language, time zone).
The internet and mail features are modeled after Mozilla.
Lindows.com cites a PC with 800MHz or higher processor and 128MB of RAM as the minimum hardware requirements for LindowsOS.

radams22

Back to top Go down

Lindows Software Empty I like it

Post  tbaumhart3141 Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:21 pm

This OS seems to be a basic yet easy to use. If it can run the major windows programs like they said then i may switch over to it. Also it seems that the installation of it seems easy and only will take a couple of minutes. Also theres very little systems requirements to use this OS. What i read from this article it seems like something i would want to try out in the future.

tbaumhart3141

Back to top Go down

Lindows Software Empty Lindows!

Post  mshaikh845 Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:31 pm

That was pretty sneaky how they came up with Lindows. I reallly like that the Lindows is easy to install and doesn't ask that many questions because I know windows installations are a real drag. I wouldn't use Lindows not because its a bad system but because its a 2001 model. It is already 7 years old and I like Windows XP and get all the basic things I need. It is however good that the OS is simple to use and that it can run windows' major programs.

mshaikh845

Back to top Go down

Lindows Software Empty Lindows ??? wow

Post  kbondzinski Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:34 pm

Miscrosoft must have hated that when it came out. It sounds like a good system. But i really dont think i would use it.

kbondzinski

Back to top Go down

Lindows Software Empty Re: Lindows Software

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down